Hearth & Home
A community for women who enjoy quiet living, making home, family herbalism, growing and preserving food, nourishing meals, handcrafts, everyday preparedness, homesteading, and more.
Enrollment is open!
Join today for full access to two years of Hearth & Home lessons.
Welcome to Hearth & Home! Inspired by more than a decade of creating and teaching online workshops, Hearth & Home is one central location for all of my work: past, present, and future. Inside, an extensive and ongoing classroom and community awaits, one that is rooted in the extraordinary pleasures of everyday seasonal living.
Firmly planted in the second half of life, I offer you decades of experience in all things related to homemaking, growing and preserving food, family herbalism, preparedness, homesteading, and more. To my delight, I am still learning and evolving right alongside you, which makes the privately hosted community aspect of Hearth & Home such a treat. We all glean so much from one another!
Everything that I share draws from my real life day to day experience on a remote homestead in northern Vermont. The best that I have to offer is that which is happening in my day to day life.
In high summer, l share the garden and plentiful ways in which we preserve the harvest. In autumn, we stock our pantry and prepare herbal remedies for winter. In the depths of winter, we cozy up by the wood stove to share projects, hygge living, thoughtful essays, and nourishing recipes. In the heart of springtime, we ready our homes for summer living, celebrate maple sugaring, and forage vibrant green edibles to awaken weary bodies.
Throughout the year, we reflect on life’s simple pleasures and the everyday revolutionary act of making home. Hearth & Home contains a robust community and extensive library of resources that support seasonal living and hold reverence for a quietly productive, purposeful, restful home.
"Hearth & Home is my favorite place to visit each day, providing a warm, welcoming atmosphere, with a community of like-minded individuals. The content that Heather creates and shares within the community is informative, inspirational, and evokes feelings of coziness and gratitude for the simple pleasures of life. I especially love the podcasts, with Heather’s soothing voice and the wealth of information she so graciously shares with us. It’s like having a window into her simplistic, yet beautiful world." - Jennifer
"Hearth and Home provides quiet inspiration and encouragement for those of us who love our homes and gardens. Heather consistently shares delicious seasonal recipes and cozy decor and craft ideas as well as practical advice for preparedness and food preservation. I find my membership to Hearth and Home to be so helpful and is time well spent." - Kelly
Hearth & Home content is delivered in the form of weekly posts on our private website, and includes beautifully designed PDFs, podcasts, video, printables, and plentiful conversation. My goal is to provide a valuable experience above and beyond your investment.
What to Expect
- Each Thursday new content is published to our private website. Topics change with the seasons, but you can expect each publication to be delivered via beautiful photo-filled posts, video, podcast, essays, tutorials, recipes, and how-tos.
- Posts are also structured into well-designed printable PDFs so you may keep them in paper form, should you desire. There is also an ink friendly version of the PDF. The choice is yours!
- There is a podcast which has become a favorite part of Hearth & Home! This is a place for me to share stories, answer your questions, expand on topics, and generally have a friendly visit while you keep busy preparing dinner, puttering about, or knitting in your favorite chair.
- Instructional videos that teach cooking, herbalism, gardening, food preservation, preparedness, foraging, and more.
- Our private community is one of the things I love the most, and it does not take place on Facebook! We enjoy all of the benefits of a private Facebook group - sharing photos, swapping recipes, asking questions, telling stories, etc. - without the need for Facebook. This community takes place right on our private website.
- There is a mobile friendly app for members, so your engagement will be seamless if the phone or tablet is your preferred method of visiting.
- Everything is entirely self-paced and to be enjoyed as your time allows. There is never a need to sign in at a particular time.
- As with all of my spaces online, there are no ads, pop-ups, or anything of the sort. Just calm and inspiring content for you to enjoy.
- My self-paced workshops have been moved to Hearth & Home as a wonderful bonus for you. They are no longer available anywhere else. Inside, you will find: Country Kitchen (all four seasons), Hibernate, and Whole Food Freezer Cooking (Weekly Food Prep still to come!).
- As a member of Hearth & Home, you will have full access to all of the content for the life of your membership. All previous content is available to you. Once content is published, it will never go away.
- Your user experience is one of my greatest priorities and has been greatly considered in the design of our website. No expense has been spared in providing you the best online learning experience possible. In short, our private website is beautiful and of exceptional quality; we think you will love it!
- And finally, I give you my time. Hearth & Home will allow me to prioritize your questions, engage more fully in conversation, and take your requests for future content.
Hearth & Home is an ever growing body of work that so far includes over 500 recipes, tutorials, videos, podcasts, and lessons.
I would love to welcome you as a member!
"I have been appreciating this course very much. I am inspired by your pantry keeping and am in the process of turning my family’s into an abundant resource. I have tried many of your recipes and they are outstanding. I have made chicken enchiladas multiple times for my family since becoming a member only a few months ago! You have quality content and I appreciate your knowing, confident and humble delivery." - Paula
"I have truly enjoyed my time at Hearth and Home. After taking several of Heather's classes through the years, I signed up right away for the full year. Each week, this space is a touchstone out of the busy world and into the world I truly care about: my hearth, my home. Hearth and Home helps me remember what matters to me and reminds me that there are people like me in this world, women who are slowly and surely changing this world for the better on their small (or large!) pieces of land. I live on a 1/8 acre in the city, and this membership is invaluable to me - so it is appropriate for anybody, anywhere!" - Alaina
"I look forward to reading my Hearth and Home posts and seeing what our community is up to! Heather has put together wonderful videos, workshops, and how-to’s for us. I’ve been following her for years on the different blogs she’s written but there’s so much new content here to follow at your own pace and keep forever!" - Bernadette
I'm Heather - homemaker, writer of daily life, protector of quiet mornings, grower of food and medicinal herbs. I tend hearth and home in the remote region of northeastern Vermont. For more than a decade part of my work in this world has been creating online gathering places for women to connect and enjoy life’s simple pleasures. I am grateful you are here.
Visit my blog North Ridge Farm.
Questions? Contact page here.
Already a member?Member Login
"Hearth & Home is the warm welcome you hope it will be. A gentle place for like minded learners to gather together in community. A growing library of practical, beautiful home and farm wisdom. In a dark and shaky world, Heather has chosen to create a steady, sheltered space, light a candle, put the kettle on and invite us into the conversation." - Catrina